How Can I Forgive Myself?
I feel so guilty about myself that I can’t even make a move on anymore… I have this burden of shame and guilt that is so heavy in my heart. Everyday, I am being hunted by my past as all the wrongs I did kept appearing as though they are as fresh as ever. It’s so difficult to forget the past because I believe that the position I find myself today is as a result of my past…How Can I Forgive Myself?
It’s so difficult to fall asleep because everyday, my conscience brings the pictures of my past to me. To make matter worst, I did something horrible and the person found out I did it and won’t talk to me anymore; others that heard of it are keeping distance at me …oh God please forgive me and help me…
The pain in our past changes how we see ourselves. But we have a choice, to either let our past mistakes ruin us or choose to forgive oneself and move on in life.
the past is in the past and the past is gone but we can control today… we can control the things we do today; so that there will no be any regret in our tomorrow.
How can I forgive myself?
Life is all about forward ever and backward never. Sometimes, we become our own worst critics, constantly aware of our flaws whether real or imagined. All because we chooses not to let go of the past. We constantly reminds ourselves of our past mistakes and failures…we reminds ourselves of the things we couldn’t achieve in the past, the costly mistakes we made. This constant reminder have not help us rather, it has left us all in more anger, misery and regrets…
Tips On How To Forgive Oneself
- Pray to God and ask him to forgive you
- If you can, go and apologize to the person you have offended…this will help to lift up the heavy burden on you.
- Forgive yourself and let go…don’t be so hard on yourself…
- Try not to go back to the past.
- Get busy and surround yourself with those that can help you not to return to the past.
- Take care of your body and personal hygiene so you can feel good about yourself…
- Get closer to God and study his word.
- Make progress in whatever field you find yourself.
- Dress nicely and learn to love yourself.
- Choose to be happy and make peace with those you have offended but above all, make peace with yourself.