Now, I realized that the reason why I kept receiving insults from these small minds is because I did not draw the limit from the beginning. I did not set the personal boundaries limit from the very beginning. I came smiling at everyone, I came saying yes to almost everyone all because I never wanted to offend anyone. Little did I know I was gradually calling for insult. These were the words of xxxxxx ; a lady that was so used by her colleagues.
She was employed as a secretary but she found herself always smiling at everyone even to the point of taking little orders from her colleagues and Boss. She found herself saying yes to every given task and even working far beyond the stipulated time. It was not long before she started receiving orders and “here and there” insults from even her junior colleagues. This made her so unhappy. Really, I need help.; she said to herself.
One day, she found herself exchanging words with a junior colleague and as a result, both of them were suspended for two weeks. On resumption, she realized how much respect she had lost because as she was about entering the company, the gate man said to her; so you are back; I hope you will not exchange words with another person again; orderwise, you would be sacked this time around.
Those words hit her really good because It dawned on her that she attracted all that she’s getting from people especially from her colleagues because she never set Personal boundaries from the very beginning. She gave her colleagues the impetus to talk to her and use her the way they like.
Why You Need To Set Personal Boundaries
- Setting Personal Boundaries is very important in life because it helps to draw the limit to what you can give and accept from people.
- When you are confident in yourself, when you know what you want, you will stop wasting your time trying to please everyone because even your good deed can not please everybody.
- Setting Personal Boundaries will help you gain respect from people because people can clearly say : this is what you stand for.
- If you don’t want to be used by people, then set Personal Boundaries.
- Setting Personal Boundaries shows that you are matured and you know what yo want.
- Personal Boundaries Will make you to love yourself, say the things you feel like saying because you are not afraid and you are not trying to please everyone.
- If you don’t want insult from people, then,learn to set Personal Boundaries.
- Personal Boundaries will teach people how to treat you properly.
If this post is helpful, please let me know in the comments sections and share with us any issue you want us to talk about at email@example.com
For more inspirational videos, you can click on dpersonality tv – YouTube
So, if you want people to treat you right, then , you should set personal Boundaries. A boundary that will define clearly who you are, what you stand for and draw the limit to what you can give and accept from others. Setting personal boundaries shows that you are matured and you truly know what you want.
PLease like, share, leave a comment and subscribe…